Thursday, March 23, 2006

Hey Travis, what's new?

If there ever was a time to have been blogging, it was last month. Sorry for the belated entry to my once faithful readers.

First, I got engaged. That's right. Okay, well, first I guess I should say, to those who don't already know, I got back together with BlackMamba and now we're engaged.

I proposed on March 6th at on the spot where we started dating, in front of the school I asked her out at (she was doing her placement at the time). Maybe someone can help me with the name of that school, it's the one behind the Burger King.

Anyway, we're getting married July 1st, 2006.

The other big announcement is that we bought a house. It's a great little starter home. We get possession on April 7th. This was a great, eductional process. I got a crash course in what to look for in a house, where to go, what to get, etc. We had to go through a lawyer to make an offer, get a mortgage, and get insurance. I'll sleep a lot easier now that I know that if a plane flys into our house, we're insured!

7 Comment:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Eric said...

The school is Westmount, I drove bus there for my first week of bus driving.

I have been waiting for one of you (or both of you) to blog about this event. None of the rest of us could until you announced it.

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger TU said...

Ah.
Well, there you guys go, you can blog about it until your heart's content.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger shroomAzoom said...

Congrats and congrats! I especially like the yellow paint in the bathroom. And here I've been muttering under my breath every day when I check to see if you've blogged.

bs, saum?

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Erica said...

So, are you going to provide a link to your wedding web site? Surely you must have one of those...

Everyone has one of those!!!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Kara said...

Congrats on the engagement and on the house purchase. very large-ish events. let us all know when, where, yada yadda yadda....good luck on the adventures of planning a wedding and organizing a house!

Kara, Gerry, Alec, Elias and Vaughn
(Tiger, Denny Crane and Bill Murray, our pets, send their well wishes too)

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger shroomAzoom said...

Yadda yadda yadda?! Feel free to yadda yadda over that. :)

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger reppepper said...

Catching up on blog-reading at the Fac Ed. Anyway, it's not really a long story, but too long for here, except that I could probably have told it in the same amount of words I've used to explain why I haven't.

I don't really think of Westmount as BEHIND Burger King and so I was trying to picture a school on Begin Cr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home