Saturday, January 28, 2006

Finance

The winter term has been going pretty good so far. I've actually picked up a bit of an appreciation for Finance. Our professor, Ken Hartviksen, gives an entertaining lecture. I think I like his lectures because he goes off topic and talks more about personal finance than corporate finance (which happens to be the title of the text book). But I find finance very facinating. Crunching numbers trying to find ratios and tax rates is boring, but investing, stocks, portfolios, that's just plain sexy!

Recently I've gotten into a stock exchange game on Simustock.com. It's pretty fun and it's a good way to learn how to invest. I'm doing all right in it, I guess. I haven't covered my overhead on purchasing the different stocks, but I haven't been playing very long and I started with a pretty low amount. I would like to get everyone in on a competition on one of these sites, but I realize it isn't for everyone.

So, as facinated I am with the stock game these days, I still have a healthy fear of BUSI 2039 (Corporate Finance II) and I hope to just pass it... With a little help from a CMA I know. ;)

5 Comment:

At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you had a good time tonight and weren't too weirded out with getting freaky in the snow. :)

next time you want to party, you know who to call.

love, us.

p.s. you have the voice of an angel

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Erica said...

I am wondering who the CMA is that you know?

But, glad to see you can get help from someone else, since I am often away on business...

Best of luck!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger TU said...

Sorry, CA.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Black Mamba said...

hee hee...I was just about to write the same as Erica
"who is the CMA?"

but you've already corrected yourself :)

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got those Beck songs and...yeah. This is about the time I'd be claiming that I'm walking home. However! I do enjoy Millencolin, and am rather sad that I didn't listen to them sooner. So...yeah. That's about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home