Monday, May 09, 2005

Cajun Justice

These days I have a smorgus board of emotions that I'm going through. I'm happy, excited, depressed, angry, content, and anxious. I guess it has to do with the fact that my life has a large amount of significant things happening to/for me at this moment in time.

I wrote about some happy things in my last blog, and to add to that, I'm moving in with my friend, Ryan, on June 1st into a pretty neat house.

I feel a bit of anxiety surrounding my Stats special exam, because I can't write it until August.

Unfortunately, I need to go against the so-called "spirit" of blogs. Apparently there is some belief about blogs being "uncensored" but at the end of the other line is a real person reading this blog.

Suffice to say, I have a blob of depression mixed with a smidgen of anger on my emotional palette. Thankfully though, there are quite a few positive things going on for me so it's not like I can't escape it when I have to. But I don't want to escape the ugly brown blob, I want to make it prettier. I want to work on it.

One thing that I've been working on with my counselor is trying to appreciate the positive aspects of my life and be patient with things that need to change. As it says in The Good Book (in my best Jewish rabbi accent): "The end of a matter is better then its beginning, and patience is better than pride." Hmmm, I wonder if a Jewish rabbi has ever quoted the New testament? (Mashugana!)

So it's hard to look at that blob and not be discouraged, but I guess as long as I'm afraid of it nothing will change, because to be honest, I've been spending a lot of time avoiding it, denying it, and being mad at it (Out damn spot!)

Piece Out.

3 Comment:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Okay - I need something new to read! So - don't be depressed or angry - just blog!

Just kidding - I hope you are having a better few days. Haven't seen you in awhile - you must be busy!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger TU said...

Yes! Extremely busy! Friday is my easy day because I only work until 4:30. Anyway, I want to start moving into my new place but all my weekends seem to be taken up.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Erica said...

My experience has been - it doesn't matter how much time you have to prepare and pack, you are still pulling allnighters at the end to get out in time... I think it is that you don't realize just how much there is to move until you are actually having to clear out your old space.

Mom had some interesting ideas for changing the basement, especially if they are going to be living here for awhle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home