Saturday, April 08, 2006

Our House... In the Middle of Our Street...

After my exam, which went well by the way, I went to the lawyers office to pick up our key. I waited until Sylvia got off work so we could enter the house together.

I recorded a video of us opening the door for the first time and entering to find a card and bottle of wine left for us by the previous owners then the batteries in my camera died. Which turned out to maybe be a good thing because the former owners also left plenty of other items that we had not requested: some ugly dishes, a few items in the fridge, an old wooden green chair that looked like it had been through a war (which I immediately broke apart and threw in a garbage bag). They left two bags of garbage behind (which, to their credit, they did apologize for in their card), many beer empties in the back porch, and various items in the basement including a broken beer bottle. The topper of the undesired left goods came when I joked that they should have left us a broom, and then right beside me was what looked to be an old curling broom. I went to lift up the broom and it was stuck to the floor! It looks like it was used for staining and then just placed in the back porch.

Besides the disappointment of not arriving to a spotless house, we are very pleased with our little home. That night we had a showing in which our immediate families came to look around and laugh at the broom stuck to the floor. There's a lot we want to do but first we need to clean up and move a bunch of stuff in.

I'll update later, and I'll try to get a picture of the broom.

2 Comment:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Erica said...

The house looks great! Thanks for inviting us over on your possession day... And good luck getting that broom off the floor. Perhaps try paint thinner or varsole.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger NJ said...

Congrats on the house! You should post s pic of it for the rest of us to see! Also, ask Sylvia to update her blog..that way we can have her thoughts about it all as well!

NJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home